Carnival magic drydock 2021
In 2021 (April 24 — May 24) Carnival Magic was drydocked at Chantier Naval de Marseille (Marseille France), mainly for general maintenance works. Curiously, Magic became Carnival’s first liner to change the old hull design (white, with a red line running the entire length) with the new trademarked livery (red-white-blue) introduced on Mardi Gras.
During drydock 2021, the ship’s Casino was expanded (with a greater variety of slots and other games), also were refreshed the WaterWorks aquapark and Lido Deck’s swimming pools.
Carnival victory deckplan changes 2021 refurbishment review
The ship’s 2021 drydock refit and refurbishment (January 5-20, done in Freeport Bahamas) resulted in the following deckplan changes:
- New food and beverage venues were added — Guy’s Burger Joint, RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Cantina, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, Bonsai Sushi Express, Cherry on Top. The buffet’s Deli was redesigned.
- Two new Captain’s Suites (820 ft2) were added, each with extended balcony, 2 full-size bathrooms, separate sleeping room, and living room.
- New Oceanview staterooms were added — categories Scenic Oceanview (260 ft2) and Scenic Grand Oceanview (320 ft2).
- (Lido Deck 9 — added forward new cabins categories) Scenic Oceanview (category 6J / rooms # 9196-9199), Scenic Grand Oceanview (category 6K — rooms # 9200-9201), Captain’s Suite (category CS – rooms # 9202-9203).
- (Lido Deck 9) Guy’s Burger Joint was added (complimentary poolside dining venue serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries )
- (Lido Deck 9) BlueIguana Cantina was added (complimentary poolside Mexican eatery for fresh-made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, with salsa bar and a variety of toppings). Also here was added the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar (Mexican-themed outdoor bar for frozens and beers).
- (Promenade Deck 5) Cherry On Top was added (bulk candy store, also selling Carnival Cruise Lines logo apparel, gifts, toys)).
- (Deck 12) the old Camp Carnival kids complex was redesigned and transformed into Camp Ocean.
- Various technical enhancements were also implemented, including shoreside power capabilities.
Carnival victory-radiance refit 2020 refurbishment review
Following the 2020 refit project (March 21 — April 28, 38-day drydock refurbishment in Cadiz Spain) at the cost of USD 200 million, Carnival Victory will be renamed «Carnival Radiance». In comparison to Victory, Carnival Radiance’s passenger capacity (lower berths/double occupancy) was increased from 2774 to 2984, max capacity from 3329 to 3475, crew capacity from 1040 to 1108, cabins from 1387 to 1448.
Carnival Victory had 530 Interior, 327 Oceanview and 472 Balcony staterooms plus 50 suites. Of all accommodations, 18 were Carnival Spa and 31 wheelchair-accessible. Ship’s Grand Suites were the largest cabins (32 m2 / 345 ft2, with 8 m2 / 90 ft2 veranda) accommodating up to 4 passengers.
Carnival Radiance has 1448 staterooms, of which 52 are Suites, 503 Balcony (including 8 Premium), 310 Oceanview (including 6 Scenic), 21 Porthole, 565 Interior (including 18 Small), 93 «Carnival 9 Spa» cabins (63 Balcony, 30 Interior). Ship’s largest cabins are the two Captain’s Suites (47 m2 / 500 ft2, with 14 m2 / 150 ft2 veranda) accommodating up to 5 passengers.
Following the 2020-2021 reconstruction, on Carnival Radiance will be added the following new dining, beverage and entertainment venues